Situation & Objective
Since SAP’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) strategy was first introduced in 2011, the CSR team has made significant strides in honing many disparate CSR activities to an aligned global strategy. The program embodies SAP’s commitment to lifelong learning initiatives and development programs, providing the world’s youth with the skills needed to tackle society’s problems and thrive in the digital economy.
In 2016, SAP engaged Realized Worth to design a highly engaging volunteering and giving program with the goal of providing more volunteer opportunities and increasing participation of SAP employees globally. SAP partnered with Realized Worth to dramatically scale the volume and breadth of volunteering, both traditional and skills-based, to ultimately drive overall global impact and educate the world’s youth.
Top Project Objectives
Abbott engaged Realized Worth to design a multi-year strategy with a focus on long-term, scalable employee engagement.
- Realized Worth met with global CSR Leads to understand regional efforts in order to align global program objectives, processes, and structures.
- Realized Worth designed and presented a multi-year volunteering and giving program strategy.
- Realized Worth evaluated, recommended, and supported the implementation of workplace giving technology platform, Benevity.
- Realized Worth recruited and trained a network of Regional Ambassadors and local Volunteer Ambassadors to plan and lead projects and volunteer teams.
- Realized Worth created a comprehensive change management and communications plan, centered around inviting all employees to contribute in regionally relevant ways under a shared approach to volunteering and giving.
- Realized Worth developed a measurement framework and created measurement tools, including a Volunteer Ambassador Activation Tracker, post-event surveys, and methods for measurement through Benevity platform.
The SAP Corporate Social Responsibility team launched the company’s first global volunteer leadership structure, global toolkit and training, and measurement framework.
Realized Worth supported the launch of SAP’s first workplace giving software, Benevity.
Realized Worth refreshed and re-launched the program training and toolkit.
- Realized Worth delivered refreshed content and tools focused on both traditional and skills-based volunteering.
- There is now a robust governance structure including oversight by the global CSR team, support by regional CSR leaders, Regional Volunteer Ambassadors, and Volunteer Event Owners.