Tired of asking for handouts from businesses? You don’t like it, and neither do they. Instead, enter into a partnership of equals. How? Give them what they want. Then, watch your problems with funding, networking, and creating awareness disappear.
We are presenting a workshop which will provide answers for the headaches that plague non-profit organizations. Attend and find out how easy it can be to establish strong funding partnerships, find the skilled, committed volunteers you need, and automate your programs to smoothly handle any number of volunteers. Oh, and you’ll enjoy a great catered lunch as well (included in the price of course)!
Corporate Volunteering doesn’t have to be about painting the same wall a new color. The New Volunteerism meets people we’re they’re at, resulting in effective programs and strong communities.
Create Strategic Partnerships with Business
Leading companies the world over are investing in their communities by leveraging employees, resources, and market knowledge. Companies such as Walt Disney, Proctor and Gamble, Deloitte, Bank of America, Levi Strauss, Coca Cola, and The Body Shop are moving from mere philanthropy to a more sophisticated approach known as Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR). Unlike previous philanthropic efforts, CSR is a key strategy that offers a competitive advantage to businesses. Now, instead of asking for handouts, non-profits can offer partnerships.
Your nonprofit organization can play a vital role enabling companies to achieve better visibility, team building, staff training, and employee engagement. This workshop will use case studies, group problem-solving activities, peer coaching and guest experts from the local business to develop and manage key partnerships with corporate stakeholders.
- Discover current trends in employee volunteering that will define the future of the non-profit.
- Learn how to leverage corporate partnerships to strengthen your resources without creating more work for your staff.
- Uncover what CEOs and business owners need from your nonprofit organization.
- Receive simple steps to designing exceptional employee volunteer experiences. (Become the top choice for companies large and small!)
- Find methods for developing reciprocal relationships with businesses. (Imagine shared vision, shared expectations, and mutually agreed upon objectives!)
- Learn how to set objectives and measure success in cross-sector partnerships.
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
9:30am – 3:00pm
University of Toronto, The Multi-Faith Center
569 Spadina Avenue